Wednesday 27 December 2017

IBM UrbanCode Deploy - Error Creating New Version: The provided base is not a directory

I saw this today, whilst creating some new Application Components, needed to install IBM Installation Manager and IBM BPM: -

Error Creating New Version: The provided base is not a directory: /source
java.io.IOException: The provided base is not a directory: /source
at com.urbancode.air.plugin.command.ImportVersion.execute(ImportVersion.java:119)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:508)
at com.urbancode.air.plugin.Main.execute(Main.java:113)
at com.urbancode.air.plugin.Main.main(Main.java:47)

It took me a while before I smacked myself on the forehead ….

Yes, you've guessed it, I'd created the /source directory on …. the box upon which the Agent is installed rather than the box upon which the Server is running.

Obviously this is a mistake - the Agent "phones home" to the Server to get its configuration etc. including required versioned files such as response files etc.

Can you say "Doh" ? I bet you can ….

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...