Friday 18 August 2017

IBM API Connect - "Unexpected token ILLEGAL"

So I'm continuing my voyage of discovery with IBM API Connect, and had followed this tutorial to create a simple API using Loopback: -


Annoyingly, when I came to test my API, I was seeing this: -


and, via Debug, this: -


This is the Gateway Script that I have: -

Can you see what I can see ?

Yeah, I'm at home to Cap'n Copy Paste :-(

I fixed my code: -

saved the API and republished the product.

Now we have this: -


which is far far better.

So, for the record, the copy/paste from Firefox to Safari had introduced some glitches with regard to the apostrophes ( single quotes ).

This has bitten me before on Mac, but I'm stupid and forgot :-(

For the record, the DataPower logs also showed similar: -



No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...