Wednesday 24 August 2016

Apache - SSL/TLS Strong Encryption: FAQ

The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions.

-- Claude Levi-Strauss


A teaser from the ToC

Installation

• Why do I get permission errors related to SSLMutex when I start Apache?
• Why does mod_ssl stop with the error "Failed to generate temporary 512 bit RSA private key" when I start Apache?

Configuration

• Is it possible to provide HTTP and HTTPS from the same server?
• Which port does HTTPS use?
• How do I speak HTTPS manually for testing purposes?
• Why does the connection hang when I connect to my SSL-aware Apache server?
• Why do I get ``Connection Refused'' errors, when trying to access my newly installed Apache+mod_ssl server via HTTPS?
• Why are the SSL_XXX variables not available to my CGI & SSI scripts?
• How can I switch between HTTP and HTTPS in relative hyperlinks?

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...