Wednesday 30 December 2015

Things that make you go "Hmmmm" - Part 321

A few days ago, having watched an excellent programme about Aardman Animation, Wallace and Gromit, Nick Park etc. I decided to rent one of Aardman's most recent films, The Pirates! In An Adventure with Scientists from iTunes.

So the film is sitting in my iTunes library, waiting to be watched …..

Last evening, I decide to watch it …..

On my Apple TV ……

At that point, the wheels come off my wagon …

Alas I can't find the movie, or even the Rental tab, on Apple TV, although I could choose to re-rent the film from iTunes :-)

Long story short, I Google and find this: -


If you rented the movie on your iOS device or Apple TV, you can't move it to any other device.

which, as far as I can establish, means that I cannot simply rent a movie on iTunes on my iPhone and then expect to watch it on my Apple TV.

The same article does helpfully say: -

You can also stream a rented movie from your computer or your iOS device to your Apple TV using AirPlay after it's fully downloaded.

which is precisely what I did.

In case it was me mis-reading the article, I asked one of the iMore gurus, Serenity Caldwell, via Twitter, who responded: -

settern
@david_hay Yep. It's one of the most mind-blowingly stupid policies on the store.
29/12/2015, 20:02

which helps, although it's an annoyance.

I have raised this with Apple Feedback - we'll see what happens ;-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...