Tuesday 25 August 2015

Podcasts app in iOS - Sunk, not syncing

OK, so I managed to break, and then fix, the Podcasts app in iOS 8.4.1 on an iPhone 5s.

The lesson learned ? Don't do this in iTunes 


as it seems to stop the Podcasts app from downloading updates to the podcast feed.

In fact, it's worse than that ( it's dead, Jim ) in that the app hangs altogether, and then completely crashes.

I tried the IT Crowd trick: -


but to no avail.

The solution appeared to be related to the fact that BOTH iTunes and Podcasts were trying to sync.

Once I told iTunes to stop ( and synced the iPhone, and rebooted the phone again !! ), the Podcasts app just started working, and now tomorrow's commute is sorted.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...