Tuesday 11 August 2015

iOS and Apple Music - where're my playlists gone ?

I reset the iOS settings / configuration on one of our iPads last evening ( an iPad 2 ), and we then realised that all of our carefully crafted iTunes Playlists had disappeared :-(

I didn't panic :-)

I checked iTunes on my Mac, and confirmed that the playlists WERE still there.

I then turned to Google, searching for "iTunes Playlist" and found this: -


( from Apple.com )

which said, in part: -

Sign in to Apple Music and turn on iCloud Music Library

To add music to your library, you must have an active Apple Music membership and turn on iCloud Music Library. 

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

• In the Apple Music app, tap the profile icon and sign in with the same Apple ID and password that you use for your Apple Music membership. 
• In Settings > Music, turn on iCloud Music Library.
• If you already have music on your device, you'll be asked if you want to Merge or Replace the music. Choose Merge to add the songs currently on your device to your library.* If you select Replace, the music on your device is replaced with your Apple Music library. 

Once I did this, the playlists automagically synced back from iCloud, which is nice :-)

Phew !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is exactly what I needed! Thx!

Dave Hay said...

Glad to be of some assistance, Kevin :-)

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...