Friday 7 November 2014

NFS Mounting from Red Hat Enterprise Linux to Mac OS X

So this is what I had on the RHEL box: -

/etc/exports

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer *(rw,no_root_squash)

and this is I was seeing on the Mac: -

sudo mount -t nfs bpm855.uk.ibm.com:/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer /tmp/nfs/

mount_nfs: can't mount /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer from bpm855.uk.ibm.com onto /private/tmp/nfs: Operation not permitted

This post provided me with not ONE but TWO answers: -


which led me to Solution 1: -

sudo mount -t nfs -o resvport,rw bpm855.uk.ibm.com:/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer /tmp/nfs/

and then Solution 2: -

/ettc/exports

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer    *(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)

sudo mount -t nfs bpm855.uk.ibm.com:/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer /tmp/nfs/

which is nice.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...