Wednesday 4 June 2014

WebSphere Application Server - Monitoring for performance - IBM Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools for Java - Health Center

Added to my other post: -


we also have this tool: -


The IBM Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools for Java - Health Center is a free low-overhead diagnostic tool and API for monitoring an application running on an IBM Java Virtual Machine.

The IBM Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools for Java - Health Center (Health Center) enables you to assess the current status of a running Java application. Health Center continuous monitoring provides information to identify and help resolve problems with your application:

• Identify if native or heap memory is leaking
• Discover which methods are taking most time to run
• Pin down I/O bottlenecks
• Visualize and tune garbage collection
• View any lock contentions
• Analyse unusual WebSphere® Real Time events
• Monitor your applications Thread activity
• Detect deadlock conditions in your application
• Gather class histogram data
Use Health Center to help you:

• Optimize application performance
• Improve application stability and uptime
• Reduce system resource usage
• Reduce the time to resolve problems
• Drive down development and maintenance costs
• Trigger System dumps for analysis in IBM Monitoring and Diagnostics Tools for Java Memory Analyser
• Turn on verbosegc collection for analysis in IBM Monitoring and Diagnostics Tools for Java Garbage Collection and Memory Visualizer


Now I've only briefly played with this, during a day-long session with the excellent Java Technology Centre team from IBM Hursley Park.

However, I've already used the Health Center client ( the GUI part of it ) running natively on my Mac (!) against WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

I'll write a post about this in due course, but Health Center is definitely going to be in my kit-bag going forward ......

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...