Wednesday 30 April 2014

Setting up a NFS Server on AIX 7.1

Please please note that this is very much as-is and I have NOT NOT NOT considered security here - this is for an internal demo environment. Your mileage may/will vary.

So these are my notes from a quick setup of a NFS server on AIX 7.1: -

Edit /etc/exports

Add the file system(s) to be shared via NFS: -

$ vi /etc/exports

- I added /opt/IBM/SWGRepo

NOTE I'm not specifying any access control here - anyone can access this share :-(

Start the NFS daemons

$ startsrc -s nfsd
$ startsrc -s mountd

Export File Systems

$ exportfs -a

Show What's Exported

$ showmount -e

Mount ( from another box )

$ mkdir /tmp/nfs
$ mount P710_05_LPAR1://opt/IBM/SWGRepo /tmp/nfs

Job done :-)

For the record, I believe the NFS server can support v2, v3 and v4 clients, based upon the following: -

$ rpcinfo -p | grep nfs

...
   program vers proto   port  service
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    4   tcp   2049  nfs
...


No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...