Friday 28 June 2013

Uninstalling IBM BPM iFixes from the command line

Following on from this post: -


I needed to uninstall a bunch of iFixes for IBM BPM, so wrote a small FOR loop to achieve this: -

$ for i in $(/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools/imcl listInstalledPackages | grep 7.5.1.1);do /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools/imcl uninstall $i;done

I do have to run the command multiple times, as some iFixes need to be uninstalled in a specific order to avoid pre/co-requisite dependency conflicts e.g.

    ERROR:     APAR JR44617 is required by 7.5.1.1-WS-BPM-IFJR44606. APAR JR44617 is in fix 7.5.1.1-WS-BPM-IFJR44617, which you have selected to uninstall.

    ERROR:     APAR JR44606 is required by 7.5.1.1-WS-BPM-IFJR44086. APAR JR44606 is in fix 7.5.1.1-WS-BPM-IFJR44606, which you have selected to uninstall.

etc.

PS This goes with my other two forays into FOR loops: -

$ for i in *.zip;do unzip $i;done

$ for i in *.tar;do tar xvf $i;done

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...