Tuesday 30 April 2013

Note to Self - Java Runtime Environment and Mozilla Firefox on 64-bit Red Hat Linux

(1) Download the JRE from here ( assuming that you're happy to use the Oracle JRE ): -



I chose the Linux x64 RPM from the above list: -


(2) Install the RPM: -

$ rpm -ivh jre-7u21-linux-x64.rpm

(3) Create a symbolic link to the plugin: -

( for non-root user e.g. wasadmin )

$ ln -s /usr/java/jre1.7.0_21/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so /home/wasadmin/.mozilla/plugins/

( for root )

$ mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins
ln -s /usr/java/jre1.7.0_21/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so ~/.mozilla/plugins

(4) Restart Firefox

(5) Test Java


(6) Have a nice soothing cup of camomile tea ….

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...