Friday 22 February 2013

More on IBM BPM Theming via WebDAV

So I posted about BPM 8.0.1 and WebDAV yesterday, and was pleased as punch to find that the WebDAV support in Mac OS X was so smooth.

Imagine my surprise to find that it's not quite as easy with Windows :-(

My colleague was trying, and struggling, to get WebDAV working on her Windows 2008 Server VM, hosting BPM, and also with Windows 7 on her desktop.

In both cases, using Windows Explorer etc. to attempt to map a connection to the BPM server via WebDAV, she was getting a particularly useless exception - 

So, where I'd use a URL such as: -


she had to use a Windows-like URL of: -

\\bpm801.uk.ibm.com:8443\mum\mycontenthandler\mm\dav\filestore

but this merely failed with: -

0x80004005: Unspecified error

which is really helpful - NOT !

Googling around led me to various "solutions" including hacking the registry !!

Sadly none of them worked, so I gave up on Windows Explorer etc. and instead downloaded Cyberduck.

That worked a treat - for the record, here're the settings that we used ( this was running on the BPM server itself, hence the use of localhost ): -

 


Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...