Tuesday 24 April 2012

IBM DB2 UDB JDBC Drivers - What are you using ?

Having an interesting conversation on Skype re a JDBC driver issue from IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator 7.0.0.5 to IBM DB2 UDB 9.7.0.2

Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/ibm/db2/jcc/DB2Driver) bad major version at offset=6


and the question of the JDBC driver version came up.

Did you know ( and I didn''t ) that you can deduce the JDBC driver version by the size of the JAR file e.g. db2jcc.jar etc. from this table: -


So I have DB2 UDB 9.7.0.3 and my dbcjcc.jar is 3,348,681 bytes in size.

That means that it is: -


My correspondent was using DB2 UDB 9.7.0.2 and his JDBC driver was 3,295,950 bytes in size.

Again, this tied up: -


So, a potentially useful way of validating that you have the correct JDBC driver.

Oh, the root cause of the ITDI exception java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError  ? Don't yet know, but will report back :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...