Wednesday 7 March 2012

Performance management tools for IBM WebSphere Portal

A link to this article popped into my inbox this morning, thanks to a weekly newsletter that summarises the support position for IBM WebSphere Portal and IBM Web Content Manager

This article describes the tools and how they were used to evaluate an IBM® WebSphere® Portal 7.0 performance and/or problem determination issue during a recent engagement at a customer site.

The list of tools addressed here is not complete; specifically, it does not include well known commercial tools used in many environments for load testing, such as CA Wily Introscope, IBM ITCAM, and HP LoadRunner. Instead, the tools we will discuss are a supplement to the customer-supplied tools. The process of performance management is complex and beyond the scope of this document.


This has specific relevance to me as my project is about to implement CA Wily Introscope and IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager to monitor WebSphere Application Server ( underlying WebSphere Portal, IBM Web Content Manager and IBM Connections ) and DB2 UDB respectively.

Will be having a good read …..

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...