Saturday 18 February 2012

More on Lotus Notes 8.5.3 on the Mac - Pruning Preferences to Recover Crashes

Having twice managed to break my Notes installation by "fickering" around with the preferences - now one could say that this shouldn't cause the client to fail to start but …. ;-(

I *think* I created the problem by incorrectly setting the URL for the Activities client to: -


rather than: -


but I may be wrong :-)

Last time around, I managed to recover the client by clearing down the Workspace folder ( /Users/david_hay/Library/Application Support/Lotus Notes Data/Expeditor ), as per this blog post.

This time, I found a more quick and simple solution - I merely cleared down this folder: -

/Users/david_hay/Library/Application Support/Lotus Notes Data/Expeditor/Applications/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings

I'm still not 100% convinced that a configuration change should "break" the client quite so seriously but ….

2 comments:

Mat Newman said...

CeThanks Dave. I've been asking for someone at IBM to tell us EXACTLY what is in the /workspace folder, there's nothing more frustrating than moving from 'basic' where you know what does what to the 'standard' client where no-one seems to know what the content does. I know there's a wiki with *some* details, but it would be *great* to have a comprehensive descriptive list.

Thanks for filling in the blanks mate.

Dave Hay said...

@Mat - no worries, perhaps we can compile a list collaboratively :-)

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...