Tuesday 10 January 2012

IBM Connections - Files and Firefox - Playing Nicely Together

It's been a bone of contention for me that my favourite browser, Mozilla Firefox, fails to correctly render the Files application in IBM Connections, mainly since we upgraded Connections to 3.0.1 and/or since Mozilla have moved to more frequent releases of the browser, I've gone from v5 to v9 in less than a year.

So can you imagine how pleased I was to read this on the Connections Blog ?

Let's start with the good news!  There have been some issues with Connections Files and versions of Mozilla Firefox since version 4.  Files would simply not load.  This has been a known issue for a while, and has been causing some consternation as whilst Firefox 3.6 is the latest supported release, so many users have upgraded beyond that version.  So, I am really really pleased that IBM has released an iFix for this issue which means that Files works in all current releases of Firefox once more.  3.0.1.0-IC-Multi-Files-HF1-IFLO58492 is what you need.  This is not yet on FixCentral, so contact our good friends in IBM support to obtain the fix package (and thanks to David McCarthy in IBM Dublin for making me aware of this news!).

So, to summarise, IBM has released an iFix for Connections 3.0.1 Files - yet to be listed in Fix Central - 3.0.1.0-IC-Multi-Files-HF1-IFLO58492.

Thanks to Stuart McIntyre for sharing this via the most excellent blog ….

2 comments:

Christoph said...

Hi, the patch isn't available on FixCentral, i can't find it.
Regards
Christoph

Dave Hay said...

@Christoph - thanks for the comment. I raised a PMR with IBM Support, and was provided with the relevant iFix. Dave

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...