Monday 6 June 2011

SOLVED - Accessing CUPS printer from Mac OSX Snow Leopard

Having spent a frustrating few hours trying, and failing, to access a Kodak ESP3250 USB printer via CUPS from my Mac, I was really really pleased to find this: -

The defaults for shared printers in Mac OS X changed in Leopard (10.5). To re-enable CUPS browsing run the
following command in a Terminal window:

$ cupsctl BrowseRemoteProtocols=CUPS


Host OS

Ubuntu Linux 10.10 ( Maverick Meerkat )

Guest OS

Apple Mac OSX 10.6.7 ( Snow Leopard )

Once I made the cupsctl change, I was able to see the Ubuntu printer, shared via Common Unix Printing System (CUPS) as shared from the Ubuntu machine, using OSX' Print and Scan preferences tool.

On the journey, I also found the CUPS web UI to be of use: -

Normal


Uber Admin


Enjoy :-)

1 comment:

matt said...

thanks this helped me

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...