Thursday 4 November 2010

Lotus Notes *IS* Cool - as it's now supported on Ubuntu Linux

W00t, I knew that, if I waited long enough, the world would come around to my way of thinking.

According to this flash on developerWorks,  Ubuntu Linux 10.04 is now a supported platform for Lotus Notes 8.5.2.

To quote the flash: -

The technote linked below has been updated to reflect that Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is now an officially supported platform for Notes 8.5.2.  It also notes the exception that if using the Sametime 8.5.1 add-on installer to upgrade the embedded version of Sametime in Notes 8.5.2, you should be aware that the Instant Share functionality of Sametime 8.5.1 Advanced is currently not supported on this platform.  

Technote #7019218 - IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.2 System Requirements - Linux

So, what are you waiting for - let's go Linux :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...