Monday 16 February 2015

WebSphere Application Server - Deleting Profiles

Interestingly, I saw this exception: -

The following validation errors were present with the command line arguments:
profileName: Action can not be executed while server is running

when I tried to delete a bunch of WebSphere profiles using the following command: -

/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/manageprofiles.sh -deleteAll

I went slightly mad trying to find / stop any Java processes running, using ps -elf and ps auxw, but to no avail.

Thankfully this dW post: -


came to my rescue.

In essence, IBM HTTP Server (IHS) was still running .....

Once I stopped it, I was able to happily delete the profiles :-)

When you think about it, that makes perfect sense, as IHS is, in my case, running on an unmanaged node within the WAS cell, so manageprofiles is spot on :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...